St Peter’s has a thriving Chaplaincy Team (Maggie Belcher – Whole School Chaplain, Juliette Malan – Chaplain to Sixth Form). We aim to encourage, develop and support the spirituality of the whole school community in line with our mission statement.
St Peter’s Chaplaincy is a ministry which is involved in all aspects of our school and the wider community.
- Prayer ( Weekly groups for pupils and staff)
- Support (Listening, helping and guiding)
- Masses (Whole School and Class Masses and weekly Friday Mass)
- Parent Support Group (meets monthly with guest speakers on teenage issues)
- Retreats (time out to reflect and think at Kintbury and St. Dominic’s Priory)
- Friendship Mentoring (Support and help offered by Sixth Form Mentors)
- Rainbows (12 week after school course for children who have suffered separation, divorce or death in the family)
- Pilgrimages ( Journeys to holy places)
- Assemblies (Weekly themes following the church calendar)
- Liturgies (Services at the end of each term)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)
- Adoration (Prayer and reflection in front of the blessed sacrament)
- Angelus (Prayer to remember the angel appearing to Mary)